In 2018, we’re pleased to have continued to act for clients in different industries including for:
- Venture capital fund on a Series B investment in a Singapore company with businesses in Asia, Europe, the US, Australia and New Zealand, and on a Series A investment in a Singapore company with businesses in Southeast Asia, India and the US.
- MealPal, a New York based firm providing subscription based meal reservation services, on its launch in Singapore (read more about it here),
- DotBio, a biotech business specializing in next-generation domain antibody therapies, on a Series Seed investment round (read more about it here),
- Beta Therapeutics, an Australian biotechnology company developing novel heparanase inhibitors, on its cross-border strategic research collaboration with Oxurion NV, a biopharmaceutical company listed on Euronext Brussels (read more about it here),
- On an Initial Coin Offering (ICO), and
- Various biotech, medtech and traditional tech businesses growing by acquisition, joint venture, strategic partnership, loans or licensing.
We also continued to work:
- for clients on our “retainer counsel” model, and
- alongside some of the world’s most prestigious law firms as Singapore co-counsel.
We also participated in:
- The Global Legal Hackathon with our project on time recording and reporting system (read more about it here),
- A panel discussion on alternative work arrangements organised by the Law Society of Singapore (read more about it here), and
- The Global Infrastructure Forum 2018 held in Bali with representatives from multilateral development banks and development partners such as investment banks, civil society organisations, academics, lawyers and other advisers (read more about it here).
Finally, we’ve published a suite of articles on the template shareholders’ agreements from various venture capital associations from the US, the UK and Australia:
- Similarities in board and shareholder control provisions – 3 key control concepts for a SHA
- Similarities in transfer of shares provisions – 5 key concepts on transferring shares under a SHA
- Different options for board control provisions – 5 key options for board provisions in a SHA
- Different options for pre-emptive rights provisions – 5 key options for pre-emptives on transfers in a SHA
On a personal level, we’re pleased to welcome our newest associate to the firm, Kelvin, who completed his studies at the National University of Singapore and was called to the Singapore Bar in August 2018.
Thank you for your support in 2018 and best wishes for the festive season and a flying start to 2019!