VIMA 2.0 working group
By Faith Sing and Jonathan Tan
We are pleased to be part of the new working group to update the Venture Capital Investment Model Agreements (VIMA) published by the Singapore Academy of Law and the Singapore Venture Capital Association (accessible here).
The VIMA documents provide a starting point for seed rounds and early stage financings, with the aim of reducing transaction costs and time spent closing investment rounds.
As a boutique firm representing both start-ups and venture capital investors in venture capital deals, we are looking forward to contributing and working with other stakeholders to refine and progress the VIMA suite.
Please reach out if you would like to know more about VIMA or contribute to the discussion on VIMA.
Read more on our analysis of model shareholder arrangements published by venture capital associations including on:
- similarities on transfer of shares provisions in shareholders’ agreements – 5 key concepts on transferring shares under a SHA
- different options on board control provisions in shareholders’ agreements – 5 key options for board provisions in a SHA
- different options for pre-emptives on transfers – 5 key options for pre-emptives on transfers in a SHA
- different options for drag-along provisions – 5 key options for drag-along provisions in a SHA
- different options for reserved matters – 5 key considerations for a reserved matters list in a shareholders’ agreement
You may also be interested in our thoughts on:
- Singapore model documents – VC model documents for Singapore
- choosing a template agreement – 6 tips for picking a template agreement
Read more about our lawyers’ fundraising and joint ventures experience.
Get in touch to explore how we may help you with your shareholder arrangements.
fsLAW is a boutique business law firm group providing legal solutions and advocacy for clients in the Asia Pacific region from Singapore. We provide our services through retainers as well as in the traditional way of an hourly or daily rate or fixed-quote for projects.
Read more about us – www.fslaw-asia.com. Get in touch – email@example.com.