Postcard from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We were in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the 2018 LexTech Conference courtesy of complimentary tickets via the Singapore Future Law Innovation Programme.
While there, we also made contact with fellow NextLaw Network firms.
- legal technology conferences are still dominated by discussions on legal practice management software
- much of the promised productivity dividend might not be the tech but the processes and practices a firm might adopt with the tech
- I still don’t understand what a document management system gives you that is so much better than OneDrive, GoogleDrive or DropBox
- where are the people who can really talk technical on AI and the law?
- bar councils or law societies are working on updating the legal profession rules – hopefully, this isn’t confined to just an obligation to become tech-savvy but extends to reducing regulations that make it difficult for law firms to innovate
- the Microsoft Surface is great for working while at a conference – if it doesn’t glitch…
fsLAW is a boutique business law firm group providing legal solutions and advocacy for clients in the Asia Pacific region from Singapore. We provide our services through retainers as well as in the traditional way of an hourly or daily rate or fixed-quote for projects.
Read more about us – www.fslaw-asia.com. Get in touch – email@example.com.