Our New Senior Associate
We congratulate Jon as he takes on his new role as Senior Associate with effect from 1 July 2023.
Jon started his journey with the firm as an intern while completing his studies at the Singapore Management University School of Law with a second major in finance. He worked with the firm as an intern in 2017 and joined the firm full-time as an Associate in 2019 after a short cameo as a litigator.
During his tenure, Jon has acted for clients in a variety of corporate and commercial matters, including:
- Corporate transactions including fundraising through venture capital seed funding, reviewing shareholder agreements, customising constitutions, drafting legal opinions, finalising corporate documents such as resolutions, advising on selected issues such as tag-along and pre-emptive rights;
- Corporate restructuring including share buybacks and a corporate restructuring exercise;
- Commercial agreements including terms & conditions for a music event, cross-border distribution agreements, non-disclosure agreements and assignments of intellectual property rights;
- Employment agreements, employee share option plans and employment law issues in general; and
- Anti-bribery and anti-money laundering policies and KYC issues.
At our team, we consider the promotion to Senior Associate as a mark of:
- A higher degree of independence in helping clients with less supervision from directors; and
- A growing ability to lead a team of associates and trainees.
This promotion is evidence of his readiness for the next steps in his career.
Please join us in congratulating Jon Tan!
p.s. We’ve updated this post with a picture of our celebratory lunch with Jon too.