Photo by Allen Leigh on Unsplash
Thank you for your support and friendship in a very different year for the world! Here is what we got up to in 2020.
We are pleased to continue to gain recognition for our work. We are ranked among the top Singapore law firms for:
- Startups & Emerging Companies in the Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021 Guide.
- M&A, Capital Markets and Restructuring and Insolvency deals in IFLR1000’s Guide to the World’s Leading Financial and Corporate Law Firms 2021.
- Corporate & M&A and Private Equity matters in asialaw Profiles’ 2021 Guide to Asia-Pacific’s Leading Domestic and Regional Law Firms (25th edition).
Faith has also been ranked by Chambers as one of the leading lawyers advising Startups & Emerging Companies.
We are one of the law firms on the new working group to update the Venture Capital Investment Model Agreements published by the Singapore Academy of Law and the Singapore Venture Capital Association.
In 2020, we’re pleased to have continued to act for clients in different industries including for:
- Venture capital funds or investee companies, including investments in Singapore companies providing summarised news articles, a platform linking students with universities, video creation, bicycle retail and enterprise solutions for building and site operations.
- Businesses in insurance, biotechnology, medical devices, renewable energy, healthcare, consumer retail, media and entertainment, telecommunications, infrastructure, shipping and start-up acceleration as well as government entities and individuals.
We also continued to work:
- for clients on our retainer counsel model, and
- alongside some of the world’s most respected law firms as Singapore co-counsel.
We’re pleased to welcome the latest addition to our firm – our first IT Project Manager, Mehroonisha Jainullabudeen, who will drive our continuing digitalisation efforts. Nisha has a Masters of Engineering in Distributed Computing from the University of Melbourne and years of experience in technology adoption in various industries.
In addition, our ranks were swelled through various parts of 2020 with 12 law interns who helped us hone our remote collaboration and mentoring skills.
We’ve continued to extend our series on shareholders’ agreements including articles on 101’s on SHAs, reserved matters, control concepts and drag-along rights, building on past articles on board provisions, pre-emptive rights and transferring shares.
On the education front, Jon has now completed the LES Singapore Basic Licensing Course 2020 while Kelvin has been getting a better understanding of financial accounting, online at Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania on Coursera!
Thank you for your support in 2020 and here’s to a better, healthier 2021!